The ability to enjoy other people's outrageous lies is an acquired skill. In most cases, that skill has to be developed together with a thick skin. From the lies I heard this week, these eleven are the ones I enjoyed best.
- Singing is going to change the world. All we have to do is to sing together.
- Someone I've never met is coming to fix my problems.
- We should be proud of our origin, since it is a pure coincidence.
- Innovation can be ordered around.
- Innovation can be put on a tight schedule.
- We have historical debts towards long-dead people who created the basis for our present mess.
- Books are good, as long as you are told what to read.
- Ideas are good, as long as they are not controversial.
- Nobody is going to ask me to reimburse my debts.
- Being irresponsible doesn't matter.
- Truth is always self-evident.
[Image by carulmare under Creative Commons Attribution License. See the license terms under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us]