These are some lessons to draw from such stories:
- Live below your means.
- Save some money every month, even if it is a small sum.
- Take insurance to cover critical risks, such as major surgery or invalidity.
- Conduct your business or profession in a prudent manner.
- Choose slow but safe growth over wild and risky expansion.
- Diversify your investments amongst many different assets.
- Stay away from profligate individuals or businesses. Their tales seldom have a happy end.
[Image by Eric Perrone under Creative Commons Attribution License. See the license terms under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us]