In the short term, randomness can be pleasurable, but very soon, problems begin to appear:
- Money is wasted in useless purchases.
- The motivation to develop specialized skills is missing.
- Entertainment becomes an end it itself and turns quickly into boredom.
- Projects that require long-term efforts are abandoned or not undertaken at all.
- Erratic behaviour leads to loss of credibility.
- Maintenance tasks are neglected or ignored.
- In the absence of a proper perspective, excessive risks are taken.
- Contradictory desires lead to paralysis.
- Past decisions cannot be explained or justified.
- In the absence of strong convictions, one cannot connect deeply with other human beings.
[Image by perrimoon under Creative Commons Attribution License. See the license terms under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us]