Here are some bromides that are often served as entrée, main course, and dessert:
- Smile to random strangers.
- Do not express unpopular ideas.
- Avoid making controversial statements.
- Listen to others and never contest their views openly.
- Do not attract undue attention.
- Show interest in whatever stories people choose to tell you.
- Be flexible and avoid making clear-cut statements.
- Do not antagonize others by bringing up sensitive subjects.
- Cultivate small talk and avoid criticizing people.
- Do not embarrass others by pointing out obvious contradictions.
[Image by CharlesSF under Creative Commons Attribution License. See the license terms under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us]