In practical terms, this is what an open attitude entails:
- Reserve your acts of kindness for people you like.
- Do discuss about ideas, principles, and ethics.
- If you believe that you are objectively right, take a clear position.
- Remain open to examine evidence that contradicts your views.
- When you make a mistake, apologize, and learn for the future.
- Be polite, but if someone tries to force something upon you, just say no.
- By pointing out contradictions to people who are willing to listen, you might prevent a catastrophe from occurring.
- Choose deep, involved conversations over nonsensical, time-wasting trite.
[Image by Umberto Fistarol under Creative Commons Attribution License. See the license terms under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us]