- Financial resources can be used with a minimum of waste by avoiding random decisions and useless purchases
- A clear vision of the future feeds the motivation to develop specialized skills and accumulate intellectual capital.
- Consistent objectives help you build perseverance and credibility. On the other hand, random behaviour tends to damage a man's reputation and destroy his assets.
- Rational goals lead men to entertainment that reinforces values and involves aspects of learning.
- Compatible, long-term objectives provide the energy needed to undertake ambitious projects that make a difference in one's living conditions.
- Logic and ambition supply the resilience needed to undertake boring maintenance tasks that bring substantial long-term benefits.
- A stable vision and a lifetime perspective lead man to avert excessive risks, lotteries and other forms of gambling.
- Consistent objectives render man's mind active and willing to explore innovative options. In contrast, contradictory goals lead to mistakes, waste, and paralysis.
- Long-term ambitions enable man to accept mistakes as part of a learning process. The opposite phenomenon, intolerance, frequently arises out of pursuing contradictory targets. Individuals torn apart by diverging goals find difficult to explain their own actions.
- Convictions in line with reality allow man to connect deeply with other human beings. Irrational objectives prevent individuals from communicating clearly, leading to irritation, confusion, misunderstandings, and errors.
Human beings cannot guide their lives properly without reason. Dogs and cats perceive a narrow part of reality, but man is aware of hundreds of interconnected details, past and present, that are relevant in each situation. Our mind calls for logic and consistency. Self-confidence and happiness become impossible if we ignore our rational nature.
Workable, compatible, long-term goals render man truly human. Leading an effective life requires individuals to select rational objectives that comprise their whole lifetime. A consistent vision that reaches into the next decades is the most reliable tool for making optimal choices in the present.
In the US and in some other countries, you can use Kindle Unlimited to download my latest book for free
Image by David Paul Ohmer under Creative Commons Attribution License. See the license terms under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us